Services and Consulting
What can the voice of Betty Crocker, the Lewis & Clark food biographer, and a writer/editor with more than eight books to her name do for you? Mary Gunderson, journalist, writer, editor and sought-after presenter who shares her more than 25 years of communications experience with people just like you.
Mary helps her clients develop presentations of all kinds for all types of groups–from interactive workshops to powerful PowerPoints for thousands. She’s also a writer and editor who will help you knock out that web copy you’ve been meaning to rewrite and develop the bio that finally captures who you are, and edit publications for accuracy and clarity.
- Sought-after speaker with more than 300 engagements across the United States including keynotes, workshops, and school programs for Les Dames des Escoffier International, American Dietetics Association, National Archives, University of Virginia, National Parks Service, National Forest Service, Crow Creek Sioux Tribe, and many more.
- LifeKeys® Workshop leader for five years, a life-purpose seminars with dozens of participants.
- Speaking and Presentation Coach for individuals and organizations, including nutrition education teen interns for the St. Paul Public Schools and health care professionals.
- Journalist for more than 25 years writing about food, cooking, health, nutrition for Lifetime Fitness: Experience Life, Urban Farm Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, Minneapolis StarTribune, Midwest Living, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Cooking Light, University of Minnesota, McGraw Hill’s The Physician and Sports Medicine and Senior Patient, United Healthcare, Iowa State University, Pillsbury, General Mills, Land o’ Lakes
- Successful publisher of the best-seller and award-winner The Food Journal of Lewis & Clark: Recipes for an Expedition, Official Cookbook for the Lewis & Clark Bicentennial. Won national awards both for the book as “Most Innovative of the Year” and “Best First Book by a New Publisher,” and four others.
- Writer and Editor: Research, Create, Clarify, Deconstruct, Verify, Copyedit, Proofread
- Author of eight cookbooks, The Food Journal of Lewis & Clark: Recipes for an Expedition, Cooking on the Lewis & Clark Expedition, Pioneer Farm Cooking, Cowboy Cooking, Oregon Trail Cooking, Cooking on a Southern Plantation, American Indian Cooking before 1500, Today’s Herbal Kitchen.
- Editor/Contributor for publications: University of Minnesota, Southern Progress Corporation and Southern Living, Pillsbury, Land O’ Lakes, McGraw-Hill Medical Publications, Control Data Corporation and many more.
- The voice of Betty Crocker, monthly newspaper column for General Mills.
- Sought-after speaker with more than 200 engagements for large and small audiences, including keynotes, workshops, and school programs for Les Dames des Escoffier International, American Dietetics Association, National Archives, University of Virginia, National Parks Service, National Forest Service, Crow Creek Sioux Tribe, and many more.
- Speech and presentation development for corporate, sales, large and intimate audiences
- PowerPoint make-overs
- Writing and editing for white papers, publications, blogs, websites, and more